READ IT - LEARN IT - SUBMIT IT - LISTEN TO IT!
'THE BIG E' MUSIC SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Please follow these instructions to have your music added to the Big E library.
1: All music MUST be submitted in MP3 or M4A format ONLY.
The Big E broadcasts at 192kbps, files at higher bitrates will be converted down by Big E prior to upload.
(Big E is NOT responsible for any audio changes or imperfections which may occur during file conversion. Please, convert your own files into 192kbps format to ensure the correct format for our station software).
2: All music MUST be tagged properly before submitting.
Song Title, Artist, and Album are mandatory. Genre, year, etc are not required. Here's an example of tagging correctly:
- TITLE: Your Song Title
- CONTRIBUTING ARTIST/ARTIST: Your artist/band name
- ALBUM: Your album name (if no album, use 'single')
DO NOT INCLUDE ARTIST NAMES IN SONG TITLES - Song title shall be song title and should NOT include artist name in the title.
3: Attach your album art cover to your individual music files.
If you're unable (or unsure) then you MUST include your album art with you music file submissions.
4: All files/download links must be submitted by email to:
- ALL SUBMITTED MUSIC WILL BE CHECKED FOR QUALITY (no demos please)
- DO NOT SUBMIT MUSIC THAT INCLUDES 'HIDDEN TRACKS', OR TRACKS THAT ARE 'INTROS', 'OUTROS' OR 'EXTRAS'
- ALL MUSIC IS SUBJECT TO OUR BROADCAST GUIDELINES & STANDARDS
- MUSIC THAT IS DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE WILL NOT BE UPLOADED TO THE LIBRARY OR RETURNED
- LINKS SENT TO DOWNLOAD FROM SPOTIFY, YOUTUBE, OR ITUNES WILL BE IGNORED...THAT'S YOUR JOB, NOT OURS THANK YOU!
PLEASE NOTE: IT IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF 'BIG E' STAFF TO SEARCH THE INTERNET FOR YOUR METADATA INFO OR ALBUM ART
Please follow these guidelines, and you will be hearing your music play on Edmonton's Collective Radio Station 'The Big E'!